The Tecnopole Mario Veronesi, which has its roots in the Mirandola biomedical district, through the specific skills of a team composed of excellent researchers and the use of the most recent and advanced equipment and technologies, is configured as a place where companies and scientific expertise meet to create, solve and accelerate production opportunities that are specifically tailored to the applicant's needs, particularly for the biomedical sector, but also for the cosmetology and agro-food sectors.
The TPM provides a privileged access door to all the skills expressed by the Emilia-Romagna Region's High-Technology Network, which works in conjunction with provincial and regional health services, and is a key point of connection with national and international networks.
The TPM is part of the biomedical division of Democenter together with the TPM CUBE incubator. Democenter Sipe is a foundation that brings together institutions, trade associations, banking foundations and over 60 companies in the area.
It therefore represents a unique system in Emilia-Romagna, among the few in Italy, organized on an integrated model made of research, training, incubation and advanced services.
The TPM, thanks to the great skills of its team of researchers and the use of the most advanced equipment, performs feasibility studies and realizes prototypes of medical devices (from disposable components to complex electromechanical systems), solves complex problems related to products or materials, with biological and biocompatibility analysis, performance analysis, specific and tailor-made tests, offers advice and assistance for the compilation and presentation of the documentation to be submitted to the Notified Bodies for CE marking or for the registration or renewal of medical devices in non-European countries by adopting specific protocols that protect the confidentiality and intellectual property of projects or researches entrusted. MDR 745 (2017) – MEDDEV 2,7/1 revision 4:2016
The TPM Quality System is certified according to UNI EN ISO 9001: 2008 / UNI EN ISO 13485: 2012 by TUV SUD.
In addition, the TPM provides:
- skills and facilities equipped for incubation / acceleration of new companies in the medtech area;
- an integrated platform, consisting of an equipped area and trained personnel, to reproduce a hospital environment in order to perform usability studies.
In collaboration with the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, the TPM offers three main research laboratories, and a specific consulting department for the identification of appropriate financial instruments facilitated for the realization of research and development projects
- Applied RESEARCH and industrial DEVELOPMENT (feasibility studies and prototyping of medical devices),
- VALIDATION of products (performance analysis and specific tests tailored to the applicant, biological and biocompatibility analyzes
- Continuous training of technicians and researchers,
- ASSISTANCE and advice for participation in calls for funding of research projects,
- CONSULTING and assistance for the compilation and presentation of the documentation to be submitted to the Notified Bodies for CE marking or for the registration or renewal of medical devices in non-European countries.